Why? Because Christmas shopping can be a big, stressful hassle that you’d rather just postpone as long as possible.
It’s not too late, though–and if you’d like to just save yourself from insane crowds and too-loud Christmas music, consider the quick-and-easy solution: do your Christmas shopping online.
Here are 7 fun and useful Christmas gift ideas for the healthy traveler–whether you are buying for someone else or buying for yourself:
1. The Berkey Water Filter Travel Bottle – $18.00
- Replaceable filters
- 640 uses per filter using municipal water sources
- Purifies water, removing harmful pathogens
- Improves taste of water
- Easy to travel with
- Eco-friendly option over buying multiple plastic bottles of water
I had discussed water filter options a bit more in depth here and found Berkey to be one of my top water filter solutions–not only for removing pathogens but also for removing heavy metals.
2. Black Mountain Resistance Bands, the travel-friendly weights! – $29.99
- Starter instructions
- Five stackable bands with different resistance levels (from 2 to 30 lbs)
- Cushioned handles
- Ankle strap
- Door anchor
- Carrying bag
Lightweight, skinny, packable, and small, resistance bands are the perfect solution for those who don’t want to forgo their weight-lifting routines on the road. I spoke earlier in some greater detail on my love for resistance bands here. I think they are a healthy traveler must-have item.
3. Ceptics International Travel Adapter Set – $11.03
- 5 adapter plugs labeled by country/region with travel pouch
- Plugs fit into most outlets worldwide
- Plugs do not convert voltage; to convert voltage, you also need a voltage converter.
I have used my own international adapter set since 2005 and have carried it with me all over the globe. I realize this item is not specific to “healthy” travelers, per se, but I have gotten so much use out of it as a general traveler that I wanted to include it in this list.
I find it super handy to have the whole set because there have been numerous occasions where I had set out for “country X” but then later changed plans and went to “country Y”–so having the ability to switch adapter plugs last-minute has been extremely useful. I am currently making use of my adapters as I type this article!
Buy from Amazon: International Travel Adapter Set, $11.03
4. The YOGO Travel Yoga Mat – $65.00
- Eco-friendly, compact travel yoga mat
- 24″ x 68″ unfolded
- Cotton mesh and natural, non-toxic, biodegradable, recyclable tree rubber
- Excellent cushioning and grip
If you are a yoga, Pilates, or barre nut, you’ll definitely want to check this one out. I am a barre fanatic and am always carrying a little extra luggage just to make sure I can get my workouts in on the road. This mat is ultra packable and made of natural materials. And besides…it just looks cool.
Buy from Amazon: YOGO Travel Yoga Mat, $65.00
5. Samsonite Inflatable Neck Pillow with Plush Cover – $9.99
- Removable, washable plush/pvc cover
- Built-in pocket for storage (such as eye masks or mp3 players)
- Easily inflates and deflates
- Stores neatly and compactly
This item is really self-explanatory. If you’ve ever been on a long flight and left to your own devices (e.g., no neck pillow), you know it’s extremely uncomfortable to contort your neck in such a way so as to keep from nodding your head towards your plane neighbor as you doze off. I prefer the inflatable neck pillows for easy packing, but I like this pillow for the extra comfort of a soft, removable pillow surface.
Buy from Amazon: Inflatable Neck Pillow with Plush Cover, $9.99
6. Bose Noise-cancelling Headphones – $299.00
- Noise-reduction headphones for travel and work
- Lightweight fit around the ear for long-lasting comfort
- Control music and calls with inline mic/remote
- Superior sound quality
When you’re on the road, sometimes you can’t control the environment in which you are trying to get your beauty sleep or work focus. Noise-cancelling headphones let you make your sleep a priority by minimizing your risks of hotel and airplane noise interfering with sleep. Yes–even with that loud, screaming baby you were just seated in front of on your 22-hour flight to Thailand.
Buy from Amazon: Bose Noise-cancelling headphones, $299.00
7. Sabi FOLIO Strap-Close-and-Go Travel Vitamin Box – $24.99
- 7 by 2-compartment AM/PM vitamin or pill box labeled by days of week
- Moleskin memo book secures with an elastic close band
- Flip-open lid, easy to fill and access compartments
- 6.7″H x 3.8″W x 0.9″D
Plan on taking your vitamins with you as you travel? Me too. I like this slick vitamin box because the outer covering is not hard plastic and it folds neatly and flatly to fit easily in any bag.
Buy from Amazon: Sabi Strap-Close-and-Go Travel Vitamin Box, $24.99
So there you have it! Boom. Done. And have a wonderful Christmas!!